Chavagnes International College has a moral duty to ensure that it functions with a view to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The College is committed to ensuring that the organisation
- Provides a safe environment for children and young people
- Identifies children and young people who are suffering
- Takes appropriate action to see that such children and young people are kept safe from harm
In pursuit of these aims, the governing body will approve and annually review policies and procedures with the aim of:
- Raising awareness of issues relating to the welfare of children and young people and the promotion of a safe environment for the children and young people.
- Providing procedures for reporting concerns
- Establishing procedures for reporting and dealing with allegations of abuse against members of staff
- The safe recruitment of staff
The College is especially vigilant with regard to bullying, and makes a commitment to ensure a charitable and caring atmosphere among the pupils themselves.
All staff are subject to appropriate record checks in France and in their country of origin and are recruited in accordance with standard good practice in schools. Up-to-date academic qualifications and criminal record documentation for all staff are lodged with the French Ministry of Education.
Mr McDermott is the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL).
Mr Long is the second DSL.