Clothing and Equipment list
2 Grey v-necked pullovers/jumpers
2 Navy blue blazer
2 Charcoal grey trousers
5 Long-sleeved white shirts
2 Short sleeved white shirts may be useful in warmer weather
5 pairs of grey socks.
1 Black leather school shoes – plain
1 leather belt
1 Navy blue swimming trunks
(Note: Most French swimming pools only permit ‘Speedo’ style, not shorts.)
2 Plain white sports shirts (tennis/polo style, or plain t-shirt)
1 Navy blue rugby shorts
1 White tennis shorts
4 pairs of white tennis socks
2 pairs of training shoes/ plimsolls
1 Warm navy blue tracksuit
1 pair of football boots
1 pair of shin pads
1 Navy blue rugby jersey
2 pairs of red rugby/football stockings
1 table tennis bat (optional)
1 sports mouth guard
(For boarders, who will be involved in scouting, hiking, etc)
1 Navy blue corduroy shorts
1 Walking boots
3 pairs thick white socks
1 sleeping bag
1 Dressing gown
6 Plain white vests (no patterns)
4 Handkerchiefs (white)
1 Indoor slippers
1 Sponge bag
2 face flannels, with loops
Hairbrush, comb, toothbrush – all marked with name.
Soap, toothpaste, shampoo.
1 Nail scissors
1 Navy blue scarf
1 Navy blue gloves
1 Navy blue woollen hat or beret
1 Shoe cleaning kit and black polish
2 sets of casual clothes (jumpers, trousers, shirts shorts)
Overcoat and/or waterproof jacket should be navy and plain.
2 Small towels with loops
2 large towels with loops
1 sun hat or cap
10 spare name tapes!
1 briefcase or similar for carrying books between classes.
1 pencil case containing ink pen, refills, grey and colour pencils, sharpener, rubber, ruler, scissors, glue stick.
Tippex – Years 10 and above only, if you really need it.
Geometry set for Mathematics
Scientific Calculators – Year 8 and above only.
1. Most items of clothing are available from www.johnlewis.com; Name tapes available from Cash’s, www.jjcash.co.uk. You can also try Marks and Spencer or Littlewoods Europe.
2. Name tapes. All items must be marked with sewn-in name tapes. Iron-on labels and “marker-pen” labels are not acceptable. Unmarked items will be removed from use.
3. Extra clothing. Please do not send your son with non-essential clothing not mentioned on this list.
4. The College supplies all linen, pillows, blankets, etc.
5. A supply of secondhand uniform items is available at the College. Do not hesitate to enquire.
6. The College tie is supplied at a cost of 10 euros.
I hold that gentleman to be the best-dressed whose dress no one observes. (Anthony Trollope)