In addition to the afternoon sports activities, gymnastics is part of the Curriculum for years 6 – 9. A cross-country programme operates throughout the year and our boys always do well in local 2km and 10km races at Ascensiontide. All boys are given the chance to take regular riding lessons. Older boys have opportunities to practise weight-training and rowing. In addition, a number of our boys belong to the local Chavagnes football club and represent the village in local competitions.
- An experience of a variety of sports, so that at the very least, he can become an informed spectator.
- Teams that will participate against local and other boarding schools
- A sense of sportsmanship, often lacking in today’s drive for ‘professionalism’.
- A taste for sport and an ability to enjoy it, even for those who find it difficult.
- An understanding of the value of being physically fit to be mentally more efficient.